Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Embarking on A New Adventure

Last week, I stopped into the Spring Lake District Library.  It is one of my favorites in the area.  It is fairly new, nice fireplace, comfy chairs, and lots of magazines and computers and books galore.  As I walked in, there were quite a few book bags hanging on racks.  The book bags had tags on them.  Of course, my curiosity got the best of me and I had to check them out.
 
These are called Book Club in a Bag.  The tag on the outside of the bag indicates the books that are inside.  Each bag contains ten copies of the same book.  You actually check the bag out for six weeks.  There is a sign out sheet for all the books and a guide for questions to discuss when everyone comes together after the book has been read.  The person who checked the bag out is responsible for collecting and returning the bag.  I thought, what a great idea.  I want to support this initiative so why not give it a whirl.

I checked out The Elegance of a Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery.
It should be interesting.  We have a very mixed group of participants.  Young, old, male, female.  The night we gather to discuss the book, we will share our thoughts on the book, wine, appetizers and desserts, of course.

What a fun thing to do as fall is upon us.....its getting darker out earlier, colder in the evenings, why not snuggle around a fire and read and share thoughts!

I'll let you know who it goes and how we enjoyed the book (or if we didn't).  The library has about 20 of these Book Club bags, so we shall see if we want to partake in another over the winter.

What are you reading these days?
Babs~



 

No comments:

Post a Comment