Babs Just A Babblin' Blog

A bit of Gardening, baking, blogging, knitting, sewing, family, friends and discovering hidden treasures along the way.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Success and Failure

As you witnessed in the last post, I made the valances for the windows in the dining room.

Yesterday, I made a roman shade for the kitchen window. It turned out great. Key to success, measure, measure, measure and a great tutuorial. http://365days2simplicity.blogspot.com/2011/04/easy-no-sew-roman-shades.html

Now onto the failure.

Hot Cross Buns. They look lovely however, very heavy and very dry. Sorry Pioneer woman, your recipe failed me and now is crumpled up in the trash as are 3/4 of the buns!

It snowed last night! Yes, you heard me correctly. So HAPPY I'm headed to Florida again in a few weeks.

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh darn, on the hot cross buns . . . not around to be tempted though, maybe that is a good thing. Love the valance look, does it move up and down, or permanent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, I really like the roman shade!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Barb, You have been busy, bracelets and valences, JoJo's going to be a big sis, you and Lynne, I mean Thelma and Louise in Florida...I just have to catch up with you girls! Your work is beautiful and I love the chevron pattern... Miss you my friend... Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the valance and roman shade...looks great! Hope you bring your sewing machine with you to FL!! ;)
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete